Ligue 1: Toulouse should stay in Ligue 1, according to Opta

basis
TFC, who are having great difficulties in Ligue 1, can count on Data to relieve them. In fact, this Friday, LFP shared Opta’s latest predictions, which paint a positive scenario for the Violets in terms of the club’s continuity in Ligue 1.

Toulouse FC’s roller coaster ride in Ligue 1 this season reminds us of the “Dark Ages”, but Opta’s figures point to a more hopeful outcome.

Data, Comolli’s lucky charm

Tef, currently in 16th place, appear to benefit from a 73% probability of staying, thus reducing the chances of finding themselves among the bottom three teams to just 27%.

Also read:
TFC: Toulouse should not be in the play-off position… What do the statistics say about the Toulouse club’s mid-season situation

According to these predictions, teams such as Clermont (73%), Lorient (71.3%) and Metz (58.7%) appear to be more vulnerable to relegation. On the other hand, Nantes (73.3%), Le Havre (80.9%) and OL (86%) are the favorites to guarantee their retention.

Also read:
Football: Who is Willy Kambwala, the 19-year-old Frenchman who made his debut with Manchester United against West Ham?

While the data looks positive for Violets and its president Damien Comolli (who loves such data), actual verification will need to be done in the field from January 2024.

Also read:
VIDEO. Football: Netflix released the documentary with special visuals about the World Cup in Qatar

Attention League 2

Players will need to turn these predictions into concrete performances in order to proceed. With only 2 wins in 17 championship matches, the club is more urgent than ever. The players will have to do better. We start with the victory over Metz in Lorraine on January 14th.

Also read:
TFC: Club announces departure of chief executive Olivier Jaubert

Rumors of sales, Jaubert’s departure and the club’s poor run in Ligue 1 do not really create a good atmosphere within the club. But hey, players will need to ignore the headwinds to avoid sinking into Ligue 2.

Leave a Comment